Apr 1, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Lots of Opening Day broadcasts will have nostalgia-filled montages. But they’re not gonna be as good as this one from the MLB Film and Video Archive.
Highlights: snippets of Mel Allen, Jerry Coleman, Curt Gowdy, Milo Hamilton, Ernie Harwell, Ralph Kiner, Tony Kubek, Vin Scully and Mike Shannon on the mic, Bob Feller, Jackie Robinson and all kinds of other goodness.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)