Apr 1, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Lots of Opening Day broadcasts will have nostalgia-filled montages. But they’re not gonna be as good as this one from the MLB Film and Video Archive.
Highlights: snippets of Mel Allen, Jerry Coleman, Curt Gowdy, Milo Hamilton, Ernie Harwell, Ralph Kiner, Tony Kubek, Vin Scully and Mike Shannon on the mic, Bob Feller, Jackie Robinson and all kinds of other goodness.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)