Apr 1, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval has had elbow problems for the past two weeks and had a setback Friday while playing in a spring training game, but he’s in the Giants’ lineup for Opening Day against Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers.
Sandoval is starting at third base and batting third after manager Bruce Bochy said over the weekend that his availability would “go down to the wire.”
Sandoval missed five weeks with a broken hamate bone last season and struggled in the second half after returning, but then had a huge postseason and hit .400 this spring.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)