Apr 1, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg was cruising along through seven shutout innings against the Marlins and looked ready to pitch into the eighth inning of a game for the first time in his career, but manager Davey Johnson decided to pull him after just 80 pitches.
Strasburg finished the day with seven innings of shutout, three-hit ball, walking zero and striking out three. He threw 52 of his 80 pitches for strikes and gave up just one extra-base hit, a double to Giancarlo Stanton.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69