Apr 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Second time around for major shoulder surgery for one of the best pitchers I’ve ever seen:
Johan Santana underwent successful surgery this morning at HSS to repair a tear in the capsule in the front of his left shoulder.
— New York Mets (@Mets) April 2, 2013
“Successful” is good, of course. But I sort of feel like we’ve seen him pitch his last. I hope not, but given how long and hard his recovery was the last time he had this surgery, I have a bad feeling about it.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)