Apr 2, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Second time around for major shoulder surgery for one of the best pitchers I’ve ever seen:
Johan Santana underwent successful surgery this morning at HSS to repair a tear in the capsule in the front of his left shoulder.
— New York Mets (@Mets) April 2, 2013
“Successful” is good, of course. But I sort of feel like we’ve seen him pitch his last. I hope not, but given how long and hard his recovery was the last time he had this surgery, I have a bad feeling about it.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)