Apr 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Odd, but kudos to the Phillies for making me remembering one of my favorite Sesame Street jams, as well as one of my favorite bad 80s comedies:
Mike Schmidt, George Brett and Joe Piscopo are throwing first pitches at Friday’s home opener. If it’s not rained out.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) April 2, 2013
The real answer: both Piscopo and Brett do fabulous Sinatra impressions. Schmidt is more of a Tony Bennett guy.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29