Apr 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Odd, but kudos to the Phillies for making me remembering one of my favorite Sesame Street jams, as well as one of my favorite bad 80s comedies:
Mike Schmidt, George Brett and Joe Piscopo are throwing first pitches at Friday’s home opener. If it’s not rained out.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) April 2, 2013
The real answer: both Piscopo and Brett do fabulous Sinatra impressions. Schmidt is more of a Tony Bennett guy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)