Apr 2, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Odd, but kudos to the Phillies for making me remembering one of my favorite Sesame Street jams, as well as one of my favorite bad 80s comedies:
Mike Schmidt, George Brett and Joe Piscopo are throwing first pitches at Friday’s home opener. If it’s not rained out.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) April 2, 2013
The real answer: both Piscopo and Brett do fabulous Sinatra impressions. Schmidt is more of a Tony Bennett guy.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)