Apr 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Last week the Indians designated Ezequiel Carrera for assignment and today the Phillies claimed the 25-year-old outfielder off waivers.
Carrera hasn’t hit much in the majors so far, but he’s a center fielder with very good speed and has shown some decent on-base skills in the minors. He’ll be a backup outfielder for the Phillies, who designated Rule 5 pick Ender Inciarte for assignment to make room for Carrera on the 40-man roster.
Assuming that no other teams claim Inciarte off waivers the Diamondbacks will probably take him back.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (229)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)