Apr 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Last week the Indians designated Ezequiel Carrera for assignment and today the Phillies claimed the 25-year-old outfielder off waivers.
Carrera hasn’t hit much in the majors so far, but he’s a center fielder with very good speed and has shown some decent on-base skills in the minors. He’ll be a backup outfielder for the Phillies, who designated Rule 5 pick Ender Inciarte for assignment to make room for Carrera on the 40-man roster.
Assuming that no other teams claim Inciarte off waivers the Diamondbacks will probably take him back.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)