Apr 2, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Rangers pitching prospect Chad Bell is scheduled for Tommy John elbow surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire season, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports.
Bell pitched at three different levels last season, going from Single-A to Triple-A while making the All-Star team at Double-A, and finished with a 3.48 ERA and 110/54 K/BB ratio in 142 innings overall.
If healthy he might have been in line to make his MLB debut at some point this season, but now the 24-year-old left-hander faces an uncertain future.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (95)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)