Apr 2, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Rangers pitching prospect Chad Bell is scheduled for Tommy John elbow surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire season, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports.
Bell pitched at three different levels last season, going from Single-A to Triple-A while making the All-Star team at Double-A, and finished with a 3.48 ERA and 110/54 K/BB ratio in 142 innings overall.
If healthy he might have been in line to make his MLB debut at some point this season, but now the 24-year-old left-hander faces an uncertain future.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)