Apr 2, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Rangers pitching prospect Chad Bell is scheduled for Tommy John elbow surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire season, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports.
Bell pitched at three different levels last season, going from Single-A to Triple-A while making the All-Star team at Double-A, and finished with a 3.48 ERA and 110/54 K/BB ratio in 142 innings overall.
If healthy he might have been in line to make his MLB debut at some point this season, but now the 24-year-old left-hander faces an uncertain future.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)