Apr 2, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Rangers pitching prospect Chad Bell is scheduled for Tommy John elbow surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire season, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports.
Bell pitched at three different levels last season, going from Single-A to Triple-A while making the All-Star team at Double-A, and finished with a 3.48 ERA and 110/54 K/BB ratio in 142 innings overall.
If healthy he might have been in line to make his MLB debut at some point this season, but now the 24-year-old left-hander faces an uncertain future.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 19
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)