Apr 2, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Rangers pitching prospect Chad Bell is scheduled for Tommy John elbow surgery tomorrow and will miss the entire season, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports.
Bell pitched at three different levels last season, going from Single-A to Triple-A while making the All-Star team at Double-A, and finished with a 3.48 ERA and 110/54 K/BB ratio in 142 innings overall.
If healthy he might have been in line to make his MLB debut at some point this season, but now the 24-year-old left-hander faces an uncertain future.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)