Apr 2, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
If he misses it, though, is it really his first start? Duuuuude ….
Kazmir strained his ab during Monday’s workout, may need a trip to DL. Move allows club to back date DL/bring up optioned starter for Sat
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) April 2, 2013
This after Kazmir won the fifth spot in the Indians’ starting rotation and was scheduled to make his regular-season debut on Saturday against the Rays.
Here’s hoping this is just a hiccup that doesn’t mess with a budding Comeback Player of the Year story.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)