Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t believe in curses and such, but many do. And those who do believe that there was a cursed locker in the Braves’ clubhouse at Turner Field. It was the one that used to be next to Greg Maddux’s, and everyone who has had it since 1997 has suddenly forgotten how to play baseball and/or found their career ending soon after being assigned the spot.
Now, however, it is no more: Dave O’Brien and Carroll Rogers of the AJC report that it has been converted from a locker to a kiosk at which the players reserve comp tickets for home games.
Which could be worse. Because it’s one thing for that locker to essentially end the careers of Robert Fick and Ken Caminiti. It’s another thing altogether when some players’ parents or friends gets a case of food poisoning while sitting in their comped seats.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)