Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t believe in curses and such, but many do. And those who do believe that there was a cursed locker in the Braves’ clubhouse at Turner Field. It was the one that used to be next to Greg Maddux’s, and everyone who has had it since 1997 has suddenly forgotten how to play baseball and/or found their career ending soon after being assigned the spot.
Now, however, it is no more: Dave O’Brien and Carroll Rogers of the AJC report that it has been converted from a locker to a kiosk at which the players reserve comp tickets for home games.
Which could be worse. Because it’s one thing for that locker to essentially end the careers of Robert Fick and Ken Caminiti. It’s another thing altogether when some players’ parents or friends gets a case of food poisoning while sitting in their comped seats.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)