Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t believe in curses and such, but many do. And those who do believe that there was a cursed locker in the Braves’ clubhouse at Turner Field. It was the one that used to be next to Greg Maddux’s, and everyone who has had it since 1997 has suddenly forgotten how to play baseball and/or found their career ending soon after being assigned the spot.
Now, however, it is no more: Dave O’Brien and Carroll Rogers of the AJC report that it has been converted from a locker to a kiosk at which the players reserve comp tickets for home games.
Which could be worse. Because it’s one thing for that locker to essentially end the careers of Robert Fick and Ken Caminiti. It’s another thing altogether when some players’ parents or friends gets a case of food poisoning while sitting in their comped seats.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 4
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)