Apr 2, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
I don’t believe in curses and such, but many do. And those who do believe that there was a cursed locker in the Braves’ clubhouse at Turner Field. It was the one that used to be next to Greg Maddux’s, and everyone who has had it since 1997 has suddenly forgotten how to play baseball and/or found their career ending soon after being assigned the spot.
Now, however, it is no more: Dave O’Brien and Carroll Rogers of the AJC report that it has been converted from a locker to a kiosk at which the players reserve comp tickets for home games.
Which could be worse. Because it’s one thing for that locker to essentially end the careers of Robert Fick and Ken Caminiti. It’s another thing altogether when some players’ parents or friends gets a case of food poisoning while sitting in their comped seats.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)