Apr 3, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Alex White was set to be the Astros’ fourth starter, but he injured his elbow late in spring training and now the 24-year-old former first-round pick may be headed for surgery.
Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle reports that nothing official has been decided yet, but White is “starting to accept the idea of Tommy John surgery.” He’s already been placed on the 60-day disabled list with what is being called a strained elbow.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 41
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)