Apr 3, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Bartolo Colon‘s 50-game suspension for testosterone usage ends Saturday and Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com reports that the A’s will immediately get the 40-year-old right-hander back in the rotation with a start that day against the Astros.
Colon hasn’t started a big-league game since August 18, but re-signed with the A’s on a one-year, $3 million contract despite the suspension. He’ll bump rookie Dan Straily from the rotation.
Before the suspension Colon started 24 games for Oakland with a 3.43 ERA and 91/23 K/BB ratio in 152 innings for his second straight solid season after previously not topping 100 innings since 2006.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)