Apr 3, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Bartolo Colon‘s 50-game suspension for testosterone usage ends Saturday and Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com reports that the A’s will immediately get the 40-year-old right-hander back in the rotation with a start that day against the Astros.
Colon hasn’t started a big-league game since August 18, but re-signed with the A’s on a one-year, $3 million contract despite the suspension. He’ll bump rookie Dan Straily from the rotation.
Before the suspension Colon started 24 games for Oakland with a 3.43 ERA and 91/23 K/BB ratio in 152 innings for his second straight solid season after previously not topping 100 innings since 2006.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)