Apr 3, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
With Hanley Ramirez out, Don Mattingly made the surprise decision to go with Justin Sellers at shortstop, primarily because of his glove. Then last night he made two throwing errors in the seventh inning. The first was just a bobble and misplay. The second, however, was borne of bad decision making, choosing to throw home rather than get the sure out at first with a pitcher at the plate. The bad throw to the plate allowed two runs to score in a close ballgame.
After the game Don Mattingly said that it was still Sellers’ job. And, to be fair, no one should lose their job after one bad day. That said, Sellers won that job pretty darn quick too, which makes one feel like the team is keeping its options open at short.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)