Apr 3, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
When he’s not writing autobiographies which cast him in a somewhat poor light and when he’s not coaching Team Italy, Mike Piazza is gettin’ his coupé dessous and coupé dessus on. Mike Axisa of CBSSports.com pointes this out for us, from the press release for Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s Slaughter on Tenth Avenue:
Piazza will not be dancing, leaping or catching ballerinas. But he will be sporting a 1920’s-era gangster costume, throwing out a few lines Al Capone-style and then sitting back and watching the stage come alive with dazzling dance routines, a gorgeous Strip Tease Girl, a tap-dancing Hoofer and the colorful Ladies of the Ballet.
He’s doing it for his six year-old daughter who is a ballet student.
Mookie has taken ballet for several years. I wonder if she’d want me to do this? She’s home sick from school today. I’ll go ask her. Be right back.
Takin’ that as a “no.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)