Mike Piazza to make his ballet debut. What?

Apr 3, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT

Ballet

When he’s not writing autobiographies which cast him in a somewhat poor light and when he’s not coaching Team Italy, Mike Piazza is gettin’ his coupé dessous and coupé dessus on. Mike Axisa of CBSSports.com pointes this out for us, from the press release for Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s Slaughter on Tenth Avenue:

Piazza will not be dancing, leaping or catching ballerinas. But he will be sporting a 1920’s-era gangster costume, throwing out a few lines Al Capone-style and then sitting back and watching the stage come alive with dazzling dance routines, a gorgeous Strip Tease Girl, a tap-dancing Hoofer and the colorful Ladies of the Ballet.

He’s doing it for his six year-old daughter who is a ballet student.

[time passes]

Takin’ that as a “no.”

1. heyblueyoustink - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

(“But he will be sporting a 1920′s-era gangster costume, throwing out a few lines Al Capone-style “) + ( Mookie has taken ballet for several years. I wonder if she’d want me to do this? She’s home sick from school today. I’ll go ask her. Be right back.[time passes] Takin’ that as a “no.”) + ( your twitter avatar pic) =

We need to send you to wankster school first before gangster school. Your short on cirriculum in this area.

2. frenchysplatediscipline - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Oh cool.

Well at least he is finally doing something to quell the rumors that he might be gay.

• Charles Gates - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

You’re quite despicable.

• paperlions - Apr 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Totally true, Frenchy’s plate discipline never was very good, and often has been despicable.

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Yeah….I mean….how gay is it doing something for your daughter?

And I mean, really if you think about it, having a daughter is pretty damn gay in the first place.

• number42is1 - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Lets not forget that doing ANYTHING for you kid is downright stupid.. i mean stupid fucking Joba was such a stupid idiot head for playing with his kid when he accidentally got hurt… stupid parenting.

• number42is1 - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Crappy quality but i think that this nails it

• cowboysoldiertx - Apr 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I play barbies with my daughter. Now that is fuckign gay!

• Old Gator - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Frenchy’s plate discipline corresponds very nicely with frenchysplatediscipline’s level of intelligence, I would think. Excellent pick for a handle.

• frenchysplatediscipline - Apr 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Interesting how cracking an off color joke can open the door to others insulting your intelligence.

Kudos to you sir!

For methinks you might be a genius…

• zzalapski - Apr 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

If you’re going to be offensive, at least be funny and/or original. Your “joke” was neither.

• frenchysplatediscipline - Apr 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Shame on me for picking the low hanging fruit

• Old Gator - Apr 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

More like shame on you for being a low hanging life.

3. historiophiliac - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I think Mookie is telling Craig: “You’re no Mike Piazza.”

4. zzalapski - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Mookie: “I swear to God I’m sick. I can’t go to school.”

Craig: “If you’re gonna stay home today, you can help me pick out my ballet outfit.”

Mookie: “Oh my God! I’ll go to school.”

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Awesome.

Now I’m picturing Craig as a large middle-aged black woman in a maid’s costume.

• Old Gator - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Naaahhhh. See below.

Craig, don’t commit to this until you watch this segment from Fantasia:

• dondada10 - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Is that a Calpurnia reference?

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

5. Jeremy T - Apr 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

How often do you get to have two silent t’s in the same title?

6. badintent - Apr 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

What does Tommy Lasorda think of this ? Roger “Throw broke bat at Mike “Clemens think of this ?
    Looks like Mike is snorting some of Roger’s HGH powder . Dude is buff.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3720)