Quote of the Day: Ian Kinsler on Darvish’s near-perfecto

Apr 3, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT

Ian Kinsler Getty Getty Images

Hey Ian Kinsler: did you think, with two out in the ninth, that Yu Darvish was gonna nail down that perfect game?

“I’ve learned not to think that, ‘This is it,’” second baseman Ian Kinsler said. “I was definitely thinking what the celebration would be like. If there’s one team that’s not going to take an out for granted, it’s probably us.”

Ouch. Well, at least it didn’t come down to a fly ball to Nelson Cruz.

1. mz1394 - Apr 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM

At least they would’ve actually got to celebrate unlike that when they had that loser Hamilton who couldn’t handle his booze

• nategearhart - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Yes, because ability to handle one’s booze is the sign of a true winner.

• Kevin S. - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I handle my booze quite well.

What do I win?

• UgglasForearms - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Bush league comment bro.

• jehzsa - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Takes one to know one?

• yankeefanincolo - Apr 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hey mz1394… do us a favor, jump in the toilet and flush yourself away!

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yankee/Colo:
        Newsflash….
        My post was directed at mz1394. In fact, I replied directly to him. You know…the same dude you were calling out. So I am not sure how you got confused. As for “then” vs. ”than”…thanks for the brush up on the grammar Mrs. Reynolds. But please know a small typo isn’t earth shattering. You know…in the grand scheme of things.

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Your comment is only slightly more sad then the (7) people who gave you a thumbs up.
      Scratch that…the (6) people who gave you the thumbs up. Cause’ I guarandamntee you…YOU were one of the (7). Either way…low life comment.

• yankeefanincolo - Apr 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It was a low life comment to an extremely low life comment and the goal was to put the original comment in context of its value. As evidenced by the 156 thumbs down mz1394 received, its a low life person who casts dispersions on someone who struggles with an addiction. And as for your “guarandamntee”, no, I didn’t thumbs up my own comment and could prove it to you by increasing that number by one anytime. And by the way, genius, when you compare something, the word is “than” not “then”.

2. Gardenhire's Cat - Apr 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Locking yourself into the quote of the day at 8 a.m.? Bold move, sir.

3. hushbrother - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Every time I see Gary Pettis in the Rangers’ dugout I think of how he was also on the ’86 Angels, who came a strike away from the pennant. Now there’s a guy who knows the value of a single out.

4. Sorbet Te Charta Saccus - Apr 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I guarantee if they would have kept Michael Young, Darvish would have finished the job. His grittiness and overall locker-room presence would not have allowed that ball to just miss Yu’s glove.

• youknowwhatsgoodforshoulderpain - Apr 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM