Apr 3, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Man, you really gotta feel for the guy.
Wait, no you don’t. Ken Rosenthal reports:
Boras said he was blindsided by Cano’s decision.
“We never heard from him regarding anything but his approval of the process that we discussed way back in October,” Boras said. “We had three communications with him after he signed the representation agreement. We never heard anything from him to suggest that anything was other than he desired.”
I know. It can be tough. Just ask all those agents who represent dudes from age 18, helping them pay for gloves and shoes, helping make sure their cell phone bill is paid so they can call their moms, then watching — right before the big payday comes – them sign with Scott Boras or someone like him.
It’s a tough business, Scott. You know that better than anyone.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (80)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)