Apr 3, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Man, you really gotta feel for the guy.
Wait, no you don’t. Ken Rosenthal reports:
Boras said he was blindsided by Cano’s decision.
“We never heard from him regarding anything but his approval of the process that we discussed way back in October,” Boras said. “We had three communications with him after he signed the representation agreement. We never heard anything from him to suggest that anything was other than he desired.”
I know. It can be tough. Just ask all those agents who represent dudes from age 18, helping them pay for gloves and shoes, helping make sure their cell phone bill is paid so they can call their moms, then watching — right before the big payday comes – them sign with Scott Boras or someone like him.
It’s a tough business, Scott. You know that better than anyone.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)