Apr 3, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Man, you really gotta feel for the guy.
Wait, no you don’t. Ken Rosenthal reports:
Boras said he was blindsided by Cano’s decision.
“We never heard from him regarding anything but his approval of the process that we discussed way back in October,” Boras said. “We had three communications with him after he signed the representation agreement. We never heard anything from him to suggest that anything was other than he desired.”
I know. It can be tough. Just ask all those agents who represent dudes from age 18, helping them pay for gloves and shoes, helping make sure their cell phone bill is paid so they can call their moms, then watching — right before the big payday comes – them sign with Scott Boras or someone like him.
It’s a tough business, Scott. You know that better than anyone.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)