Apr 3, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
Ty Hensley, who was the Yankees’ first-round pick last June, is expected to miss at least 2-3 months after undergoing surgery to repair a right hip impingement.
According to George King of the New York Post the same doctor who performed hip surgery on Alex Rodriguez will do the honors with Hensley, who had his signing bonus dropped from $1.6 million to $1.2 million due to a previous shoulder “abnormality.”
Drafted 30th overall out of an Oklahoma high school, Hensley appeared in just five rookie-ball games after signing.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)