Apr 3, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
After designating Clay Rapada for assignment last week the Yankees have released the left-handed reliever.
Rapada is currently sidelined by a shoulder injury, but the Yankees needed the 40-man roster space more than they wanted to keep him around on the disabled list.
Rapada was pretty effective for the Yankees last season, posting a 2.82 ERA while holding left-handed hitters to a .186 batting average, but he logged a total of 38 innings in 70 appearances and is limited to being a southpaw specialist.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)