Apr 3, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Fortunately, it was just a small one, and the Rangers don’t seem concerned about it at all. Darvish played catch in the outfield today and is expected to make his next start against the Angels on Sunday.
Darvish retired the first 26 batters he faced last night before giving up a single to Marwin Gonzalez with two outs in the ninth. He became the 11th pitcher in big-league history to lose a perfect game after 26 outs.
Afterwards, he took to twitter and unleashed what we can only imagine is a string of profanities directed at Gonzalez.
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p>あと一人て。。なんでやねん！！</p>— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) <a href=”https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/319299093505654784″>April 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)