Apr 3, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Fortunately, it was just a small one, and the Rangers don’t seem concerned about it at all. Darvish played catch in the outfield today and is expected to make his next start against the Angels on Sunday.
Darvish retired the first 26 batters he faced last night before giving up a single to Marwin Gonzalez with two outs in the ninth. He became the 11th pitcher in big-league history to lose a perfect game after 26 outs.
Afterwards, he took to twitter and unleashed what we can only imagine is a string of profanities directed at Gonzalez.
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p>あと一人て。。なんでやねん！！</p>— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) <a href=”https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/319299093505654784″>April 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)