Apr 3, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Fortunately, it was just a small one, and the Rangers don’t seem concerned about it at all. Darvish played catch in the outfield today and is expected to make his next start against the Angels on Sunday.
Darvish retired the first 26 batters he faced last night before giving up a single to Marwin Gonzalez with two outs in the ninth. He became the 11th pitcher in big-league history to lose a perfect game after 26 outs.
Afterwards, he took to twitter and unleashed what we can only imagine is a string of profanities directed at Gonzalez.
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p>あと一人て。。なんでやねん！！</p>— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) <a href=”https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/319299093505654784″>April 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 23
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 66
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)