Apr 4, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
What? If pundits and newspaper columnists are allowed to talk about “who won the offseason” and are allowed to draw grand conclusions about this team or that team after one or two games, Joe Posnanski is certainly able to hand out MVP hardware based on the early season performances:
American League Rookie of the Year: Jose Iglesias, Boston
While there was a lot of hype for his teammate Jackie Bradley Jr., who tied for the league lead in walks (3) and was second in runs scored (2), Iglesias quietly hit .600 in helping Boston overcome its troubles the previous two seasons and tie for first in the American League East.
I like the past tense. I also like that, if we’re gonna do this, it makes the Mets and their +13 run differential and undefeated record into the best team in baseball.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 0
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)