Apr 4, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Kotchman hit just .229 with a .612 OPS in 142 games for Cleveland last season and was only getting an opportunity in Miami because Logan Morrison is out following knee surgery.
Greg Dobbs seems likely to get most of the playing time at first base for now and he’s a 34-year-old with a .401 career slugging percentage. And Morrison isn’t due back until June or so. Marlins baseball!
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)