Apr 4, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Josh Hamilton makes his return to Arlington tomorrow as the Angels begin a series with the Rangers. It’s hard enough to get fans to not boo a former player who left via free agency. But one who left and joined a rival? And one who, after joining the rival, said that the old city was not a baseball town? Man, even if that is true — and it totally is — you’d be crazy to think that the local fans aren’t gonna boo that dude when he comes back.
But Dallas Morning News columnist Kevin Sherrington thinks Rangers fans should cheer Hamilton. His argument: Hamilton played some good baseball in Texas and good things happened to the Rangers when it did.
It’s almost cute that he thinks that matters to anyone. Even if he is right.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)