Apr 4, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Josh Hamilton makes his return to Arlington tomorrow as the Angels begin a series with the Rangers. It’s hard enough to get fans to not boo a former player who left via free agency. But one who left and joined a rival? And one who, after joining the rival, said that the old city was not a baseball town? Man, even if that is true — and it totally is — you’d be crazy to think that the local fans aren’t gonna boo that dude when he comes back.
But Dallas Morning News columnist Kevin Sherrington thinks Rangers fans should cheer Hamilton. His argument: Hamilton played some good baseball in Texas and good things happened to the Rangers when it did.
It’s almost cute that he thinks that matters to anyone. Even if he is right.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 7
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 128
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (129)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)