Apr 4, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Josh Hamilton makes his return to Arlington tomorrow as the Angels begin a series with the Rangers. It’s hard enough to get fans to not boo a former player who left via free agency. But one who left and joined a rival? And one who, after joining the rival, said that the old city was not a baseball town? Man, even if that is true — and it totally is — you’d be crazy to think that the local fans aren’t gonna boo that dude when he comes back.
But Dallas Morning News columnist Kevin Sherrington thinks Rangers fans should cheer Hamilton. His argument: Hamilton played some good baseball in Texas and good things happened to the Rangers when it did.
It’s almost cute that he thinks that matters to anyone. Even if he is right.
- Report: D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 28
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 4
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 40
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)