Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
According to John Lott of the National Post, Jose Bautista left tonight’s game against the Indians with a twisted ankle. He apparently tweaked something when he stepped on first base on an RBI ground out in the eighth inning.
The good news is that Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasn’t too worried about it after the game. Bautista will be re-evaluated tomorrow, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll need to miss much time, if any.
There was some concern that Bautista’s surgically-repaired left wrist would have an impact on his power production in the early part of the season, but it hasn’t been a factor thus far. The 32-year-old slugger launched a two-run homer tonight and now has two home runs in three games this season.
UPDATE: Here’s an update from the man himself. Fortunately for the Blue Jays, it doesn’t sound like a big deal.
Jose Bautista on his ankle (no limp, not wrapped): "We came in, took a look at it, and it’s good to go. … It’s nothing serious."—
Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) April 05, 2013
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)