Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EST
According to John Lott of the National Post, Jose Bautista left tonight’s game against the Indians with a twisted ankle. He apparently tweaked something when he stepped on first base on an RBI ground out in the eighth inning.
The good news is that Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasn’t too worried about it after the game. Bautista will be re-evaluated tomorrow, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll need to miss much time, if any.
There was some concern that Bautista’s surgically-repaired left wrist would have an impact on his power production in the early part of the season, but it hasn’t been a factor thus far. The 32-year-old slugger launched a two-run homer tonight and now has two home runs in three games this season.
UPDATE: Here’s an update from the man himself. Fortunately for the Blue Jays, it doesn’t sound like a big deal.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)