Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
According to John Lott of the National Post, Jose Bautista left tonight’s game against the Indians with a twisted ankle. He apparently tweaked something when he stepped on first base on an RBI ground out in the eighth inning.
The good news is that Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasn’t too worried about it after the game. Bautista will be re-evaluated tomorrow, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll need to miss much time, if any.
There was some concern that Bautista’s surgically-repaired left wrist would have an impact on his power production in the early part of the season, but it hasn’t been a factor thus far. The 32-year-old slugger launched a two-run homer tonight and now has two home runs in three games this season.
UPDATE: Here’s an update from the man himself. Fortunately for the Blue Jays, it doesn’t sound like a big deal.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)