Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
According to John Lott of the National Post, Jose Bautista left tonight’s game against the Indians with a twisted ankle. He apparently tweaked something when he stepped on first base on an RBI ground out in the eighth inning.
The good news is that Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasn’t too worried about it after the game. Bautista will be re-evaluated tomorrow, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll need to miss much time, if any.
There was some concern that Bautista’s surgically-repaired left wrist would have an impact on his power production in the early part of the season, but it hasn’t been a factor thus far. The 32-year-old slugger launched a two-run homer tonight and now has two home runs in three games this season.
UPDATE: Here’s an update from the man himself. Fortunately for the Blue Jays, it doesn’t sound like a big deal.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)