Apr 4, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Teixeira was initially given an 8-10 week timetable on March 5 and according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com the Yankees think May 1 would be really optimistic, but if the first baseman is cleared by a doctor next week he could begin swinging a bat and then a minor-league rehab assignment would be the next step.
He also noted that surgery remains a possibility, but “only if it never gets better.” And so far “it’s progressively gotten better, at this point … absolutely it has.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)