Apr 4, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Teixeira was initially given an 8-10 week timetable on March 5 and according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com the Yankees think May 1 would be really optimistic, but if the first baseman is cleared by a doctor next week he could begin swinging a bat and then a minor-league rehab assignment would be the next step.
He also noted that surgery remains a possibility, but “only if it never gets better.” And so far “it’s progressively gotten better, at this point … absolutely it has.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)