Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Heisey is going to sub for Ludwick anyway and has significantly more center field experience than Choo, but manager Dusty Baker told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that moving Choo is not even a consideration:
He’s been there all spring. We got him over here to play center field. He’s equal to Heisey in center field. You don’t want to tear up everything.
Ludwick is expected to miss at least three months, so it would hardly be a short-term switch, but unless top prospect Billy Hamilton forces his way into the Reds’ plans with a huge start at Triple-A they’ll stick with the Choo in center field and piece together fill-in work in left field.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)