Apr 4, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Stars of the 70s and 80s putting their awards and memorabilia up for auction seems to be quite the trend lately. Steve Garvey, Kirk Gibson and now Rollie Fingers. From Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
The auction is being handled by SCP Auctions, and will be held from April 10-27.
In addition to the Cy Young and the MVP awards, Fingers is also putting up for auction his 1981 American League Relief Pitcher of the Year ring, and many other items from his long career. The three items from his Brewers years are the actual awards, not replicas.
Hey guys: if we all pitch in and buy the 1981 MVP award perhaps we can give it to its rightful recipient, Dwight Evans.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)