Apr 4, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Stars of the 70s and 80s putting their awards and memorabilia up for auction seems to be quite the trend lately. Steve Garvey, Kirk Gibson and now Rollie Fingers. From Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
The auction is being handled by SCP Auctions, and will be held from April 10-27.
In addition to the Cy Young and the MVP awards, Fingers is also putting up for auction his 1981 American League Relief Pitcher of the Year ring, and many other items from his long career. The three items from his Brewers years are the actual awards, not replicas.
Hey guys: if we all pitch in and buy the 1981 MVP award perhaps we can give it to its rightful recipient, Dwight Evans.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)