Apr 4, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Stars of the 70s and 80s putting their awards and memorabilia up for auction seems to be quite the trend lately. Steve Garvey, Kirk Gibson and now Rollie Fingers. From Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
The auction is being handled by SCP Auctions, and will be held from April 10-27.
In addition to the Cy Young and the MVP awards, Fingers is also putting up for auction his 1981 American League Relief Pitcher of the Year ring, and many other items from his long career. The three items from his Brewers years are the actual awards, not replicas.
Hey guys: if we all pitch in and buy the 1981 MVP award perhaps we can give it to its rightful recipient, Dwight Evans.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)