Apr 4, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Stars of the 70s and 80s putting their awards and memorabilia up for auction seems to be quite the trend lately. Steve Garvey, Kirk Gibson and now Rollie Fingers. From Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
The auction is being handled by SCP Auctions, and will be held from April 10-27.
In addition to the Cy Young and the MVP awards, Fingers is also putting up for auction his 1981 American League Relief Pitcher of the Year ring, and many other items from his long career. The three items from his Brewers years are the actual awards, not replicas.
Hey guys: if we all pitch in and buy the 1981 MVP award perhaps we can give it to its rightful recipient, Dwight Evans.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)