Apr 4, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
MRI for Marcum reveals nerve inflammation in neck. Back to PSL. Rest for 48 hours. Day to day.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 4, 2013
He received a series of injections — called “trigger point injections” because that sounds cool — and will be evaluated over the coming days. Which means, no, he’s not gonna make that season debut on Sunday as the Mets had hoped.
Right now his timetable is unknown.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)