Apr 4, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
MRI for Marcum reveals nerve inflammation in neck. Back to PSL. Rest for 48 hours. Day to day.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 4, 2013
He received a series of injections — called “trigger point injections” because that sounds cool — and will be evaluated over the coming days. Which means, no, he’s not gonna make that season debut on Sunday as the Mets had hoped.
Right now his timetable is unknown.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 5
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)