Apr 4, 2013, 5:47 PM EST
MRI for Marcum reveals nerve inflammation in neck. Back to PSL. Rest for 48 hours. Day to day.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 4, 2013
He received a series of injections — called “trigger point injections” because that sounds cool — and will be evaluated over the coming days. Which means, no, he’s not gonna make that season debut on Sunday as the Mets had hoped.
Right now his timetable is unknown.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)