Apr 4, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
MRI for Marcum reveals nerve inflammation in neck. Back to PSL. Rest for 48 hours. Day to day.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 4, 2013
He received a series of injections — called “trigger point injections” because that sounds cool — and will be evaluated over the coming days. Which means, no, he’s not gonna make that season debut on Sunday as the Mets had hoped.
Right now his timetable is unknown.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69