Apr 4, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
MRI for Marcum reveals nerve inflammation in neck. Back to PSL. Rest for 48 hours. Day to day.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 4, 2013
He received a series of injections — called “trigger point injections” because that sounds cool — and will be evaluated over the coming days. Which means, no, he’s not gonna make that season debut on Sunday as the Mets had hoped.
Right now his timetable is unknown.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)