Apr 4, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
And once Joyce got done with his onfield interview with Todd Kalas and made it back into the clubhouse, things got even crazier, as the newcomers got to see how the Rays celebrate a win.
The disco ball was spinning, strobe lights flashing, Pitbull’s Don’t Stop the Party was blaring, then Joyce pulled the cord to light the Captain Morgan light in the corner of the clubhouse.
Know that old saying about what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse? Wish that rule could be retroactively — and forcefully — applied to the Rays.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)