Apr 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Scott Kazmir was supposed to start on Saturday for the Indians, but an abdominal strain has thrown that in serious doubt. A possible solution? Go with the kid:
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) April 4, 2013
That, as you can see, is based on the Columbus Clippers’ rotation, which does not include Bauer at the moment even though Bauer was sent down to Triple-A before spring training ended.
Which, hey, good for the Indians. Bad for me since I have Clippers Opening Day tickets. Home opener, that is, which is actually game 8 for the team. Which means I will be “treated” to a Dice-K start. But such is the price of progress. And living in a minor league town.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)