Apr 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Scott Kazmir was supposed to start on Saturday for the Indians, but an abdominal strain has thrown that in serious doubt. A possible solution? Go with the kid:
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) April 4, 2013
That, as you can see, is based on the Columbus Clippers’ rotation, which does not include Bauer at the moment even though Bauer was sent down to Triple-A before spring training ended.
Which, hey, good for the Indians. Bad for me since I have Clippers Opening Day tickets. Home opener, that is, which is actually game 8 for the team. Which means I will be “treated” to a Dice-K start. But such is the price of progress. And living in a minor league town.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 6
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 12
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)