Apr 4, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
Guerrero, 38, hasn’t played in the majors since 2011 when he batted .290/.317/.416 with 13 home runs and a .733 OPS with the Orioles. He signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays last May and hit .358 (19-for-53) with four home runs and a 1.043 OPS in 12 games between High-A Dunedin and Triple-A Las Vegas, but was cut loose after he issued an ultimatum to be called up to the majors or released.
There was a report last month that Guerrero was aiming to make a comeback and hoped to land somewhere on a minor league deal, but apparently he was unable to drum up much interest. Now the former American League MVP will try to impress MLB teams in indy ball.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11