Apr 4, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT
Guerrero, 38, hasn’t played in the majors since 2011 when he batted .290/.317/.416 with 13 home runs and a .733 OPS with the Orioles. He signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays last May and hit .358 (19-for-53) with four home runs and a 1.043 OPS in 12 games between High-A Dunedin and Triple-A Las Vegas, but was cut loose after he issued an ultimatum to be called up to the majors or released.
There was a report last month that Guerrero was aiming to make a comeback and hoped to land somewhere on a minor league deal, but apparently he was unable to drum up much interest. Now the former American League MVP will try to impress MLB teams in indy ball.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (111)