Apr 4, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Derek Jeter told everyone he was on his usual schedule for spring training and that ended up not being the case. Then some folks have said that he may be back by mid-April, but that seems not to be the case now either. Jon Heyman reports that the new target is May 1.
Jeter was able to begin playing catch earlier this week but still hasn’t done any sort of infield work or running. At this point the goal should be to make sure he’s available continuously for the bulk of the season rather than to get him back as soon as possible for its own sake.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 65
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 60
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)