Apr 4, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Derek Jeter told everyone he was on his usual schedule for spring training and that ended up not being the case. Then some folks have said that he may be back by mid-April, but that seems not to be the case now either. Jon Heyman reports that the new target is May 1.
Jeter was able to begin playing catch earlier this week but still hasn’t done any sort of infield work or running. At this point the goal should be to make sure he’s available continuously for the bulk of the season rather than to get him back as soon as possible for its own sake.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (70)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)