Apr 4, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Derek Jeter told everyone he was on his usual schedule for spring training and that ended up not being the case. Then some folks have said that he may be back by mid-April, but that seems not to be the case now either. Jon Heyman reports that the new target is May 1.
Jeter was able to begin playing catch earlier this week but still hasn’t done any sort of infield work or running. At this point the goal should be to make sure he’s available continuously for the bulk of the season rather than to get him back as soon as possible for its own sake.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)