Apr 5, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
White was set to be the Astros’ fourth starter before complaining of elbow soreness late in spring training, so this is a very tough break for a pitcher whose stock had already dipped quite a bit in the past couple seasons.
White was originally the Indians’ first-round pick in 2009 and has been traded twice, going from Cleveland to Colorado in the Ubaldo Jimenez deal and from Colorado to Houston in the Wilton Lopez trade. He’ll be 25 years old by the time he throws another pitch in the majors and has a 6.03 career ERA in 149 innings so far.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)