Apr 5, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
White was set to be the Astros’ fourth starter before complaining of elbow soreness late in spring training, so this is a very tough break for a pitcher whose stock had already dipped quite a bit in the past couple seasons.
White was originally the Indians’ first-round pick in 2009 and has been traded twice, going from Cleveland to Colorado in the Ubaldo Jimenez deal and from Colorado to Houston in the Wilton Lopez trade. He’ll be 25 years old by the time he throws another pitch in the majors and has a 6.03 career ERA in 149 innings so far.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)