Apr 5, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
White was set to be the Astros’ fourth starter before complaining of elbow soreness late in spring training, so this is a very tough break for a pitcher whose stock had already dipped quite a bit in the past couple seasons.
White was originally the Indians’ first-round pick in 2009 and has been traded twice, going from Cleveland to Colorado in the Ubaldo Jimenez deal and from Colorado to Houston in the Wilton Lopez trade. He’ll be 25 years old by the time he throws another pitch in the majors and has a 6.03 career ERA in 149 innings so far.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)