Apr 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Carlos Ramirez, an Angels minor league catcher who played at Double-A last season, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for an undisclosed “drug of abuse.” In other words, not a performance-enhancing drug.
Ramirez is 25 years old, has yet to advance past Double-A, and hit .204 in 85 games there last season, so he’s very far from being a prospect.
He was the Angels’ eighth-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arizona State.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20