Apr 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Carlos Ramirez, an Angels minor league catcher who played at Double-A last season, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for an undisclosed “drug of abuse.” In other words, not a performance-enhancing drug.
Ramirez is 25 years old, has yet to advance past Double-A, and hit .204 in 85 games there last season, so he’s very far from being a prospect.
He was the Angels’ eighth-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arizona State.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 84
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 223
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (223)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)