Apr 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Carlos Ramirez, an Angels minor league catcher who played at Double-A last season, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for an undisclosed “drug of abuse.” In other words, not a performance-enhancing drug.
Ramirez is 25 years old, has yet to advance past Double-A, and hit .204 in 85 games there last season, so he’s very far from being a prospect.
He was the Angels’ eighth-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arizona State.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)