Apr 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Carlos Ramirez, an Angels minor league catcher who played at Double-A last season, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for an undisclosed “drug of abuse.” In other words, not a performance-enhancing drug.
Ramirez is 25 years old, has yet to advance past Double-A, and hit .204 in 85 games there last season, so he’s very far from being a prospect.
He was the Angels’ eighth-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arizona State.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)