Apr 5, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Carlos Ramirez, an Angels minor league catcher who played at Double-A last season, has been suspended 50 games after a second positive test for an undisclosed “drug of abuse.” In other words, not a performance-enhancing drug.
Ramirez is 25 years old, has yet to advance past Double-A, and hit .204 in 85 games there last season, so he’s very far from being a prospect.
He was the Angels’ eighth-round pick in the 2009 draft out of Arizona State.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8