Apr 5, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Adam McCalvy reports that Ramirez is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It sounds like he could be dealing with an extended absence.
9:46 PM: According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Ramirez has a sprained left knee. As mentioned below, he dealt with the same issue during spring training, so this isn’t good news for the Brewers.
9:42 PM: The Brewers were already without Ryan Braun tonight due to neck spasms, but now they have lost another one of their important bats.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Aramis Ramirez was forced to exit tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks after just four innings. The exact nature of the injury isn’t clear, but he came up limping after he unsuccessfully tried to stretch a single into a double. Yuniesky Betancourt replaced Ramirez in the lineup to play first base while Alex Gonzalez was forced to make his first career appearance at third base. Yikes.
It’s worth noting that Ramirez was limited during spring training due to a sprained left knee. The Brewers will have to hope he didn’t aggravate things, as they are running out of bodies.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)