Apr 5, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Adam McCalvy reports that Ramirez is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It sounds like he could be dealing with an extended absence.
9:46 PM: According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Ramirez has a sprained left knee. As mentioned below, he dealt with the same issue during spring training, so this isn’t good news for the Brewers.
9:42 PM: The Brewers were already without Ryan Braun tonight due to neck spasms, but now they have lost another one of their important bats.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Aramis Ramirez was forced to exit tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks after just four innings. The exact nature of the injury isn’t clear, but he came up limping after he unsuccessfully tried to stretch a single into a double. Yuniesky Betancourt replaced Ramirez in the lineup to play first base while Alex Gonzalez was forced to make his first career appearance at third base. Yikes.
It’s worth noting that Ramirez was limited during spring training due to a sprained left knee. The Brewers will have to hope he didn’t aggravate things, as they are running out of bodies.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 29
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)