Apr 5, 2013, 11:44 PM EST
UPDATE: Adam McCalvy reports that Ramirez is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It sounds like he could be dealing with an extended absence.
9:46 PM: According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Ramirez has a sprained left knee. As mentioned below, he dealt with the same issue during spring training, so this isn’t good news for the Brewers.
9:42 PM: The Brewers were already without Ryan Braun tonight due to neck spasms, but now they have lost another one of their important bats.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Aramis Ramirez was forced to exit tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks after just four innings. The exact nature of the injury isn’t clear, but he came up limping after he unsuccessfully tried to stretch a single into a double. Yuniesky Betancourt replaced Ramirez in the lineup to play first base while Alex Gonzalez was forced to make his first career appearance at third base. Yikes.
It’s worth noting that Ramirez was limited during spring training due to a sprained left knee. The Brewers will have to hope he didn’t aggravate things, as they are running out of bodies.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)