Apr 5, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Adam McCalvy reports that Ramirez is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It sounds like he could be dealing with an extended absence.
9:46 PM: According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Ramirez has a sprained left knee. As mentioned below, he dealt with the same issue during spring training, so this isn’t good news for the Brewers.
9:42 PM: The Brewers were already without Ryan Braun tonight due to neck spasms, but now they have lost another one of their important bats.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Aramis Ramirez was forced to exit tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks after just four innings. The exact nature of the injury isn’t clear, but he came up limping after he unsuccessfully tried to stretch a single into a double. Yuniesky Betancourt replaced Ramirez in the lineup to play first base while Alex Gonzalez was forced to make his first career appearance at third base. Yikes.
It’s worth noting that Ramirez was limited during spring training due to a sprained left knee. The Brewers will have to hope he didn’t aggravate things, as they are running out of bodies.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 0
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 43
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 22
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 19
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)