Apr 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Brian Roberts has been diagnosed with a ruptured tendon in the back of his knee, which sounds really bad but apparently won’t require surgery and will only keep him out for 2-4 weeks, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Roberts, who was finally feeling healthy after having his career derailed by multiple concussions, got hurt while stealing second base in the Orioles’ win over the Rays yesterday. At the time it looked like a potentially serious injury and he had to be helped off the field, so 2-4 weeks qualifies as somewhat good news.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 25
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)