Apr 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Brian Roberts has been diagnosed with a ruptured tendon in the back of his knee, which sounds really bad but apparently won’t require surgery and will only keep him out for 2-4 weeks, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Roberts, who was finally feeling healthy after having his career derailed by multiple concussions, got hurt while stealing second base in the Orioles’ win over the Rays yesterday. At the time it looked like a potentially serious injury and he had to be helped off the field, so 2-4 weeks qualifies as somewhat good news.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 38
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 154
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (155)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)