Apr 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Brian Roberts has been diagnosed with a ruptured tendon in the back of his knee, which sounds really bad but apparently won’t require surgery and will only keep him out for 2-4 weeks, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Roberts, who was finally feeling healthy after having his career derailed by multiple concussions, got hurt while stealing second base in the Orioles’ win over the Rays yesterday. At the time it looked like a potentially serious injury and he had to be helped off the field, so 2-4 weeks qualifies as somewhat good news.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)