Apr 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
Brian Roberts has been diagnosed with a ruptured tendon in the back of his knee, which sounds really bad but apparently won’t require surgery and will only keep him out for 2-4 weeks, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Roberts, who was finally feeling healthy after having his career derailed by multiple concussions, got hurt while stealing second base in the Orioles’ win over the Rays yesterday. At the time it looked like a potentially serious injury and he had to be helped off the field, so 2-4 weeks qualifies as somewhat good news.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)