Apr 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Brian Roberts has been diagnosed with a ruptured tendon in the back of his knee, which sounds really bad but apparently won’t require surgery and will only keep him out for 2-4 weeks, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
Roberts, who was finally feeling healthy after having his career derailed by multiple concussions, got hurt while stealing second base in the Orioles’ win over the Rays yesterday. At the time it looked like a potentially serious injury and he had to be helped off the field, so 2-4 weeks qualifies as somewhat good news.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)