Apr 5, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
A press release from Major League Baseball:
Major League Baseball announced today that, based on new information, Defendant Paulo da Silveira, represented by attorneys Daniel Zumpano and Emil Infante of Infante Zumpano LLC, was dismissed with prejudice from the Complaint, filed on March 22, 2013 in the Circuit Court for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, as he had no connection to Biogenesis or to the alleged distribution of performance enhancing substances to Major League players.
It’s almost as if Major League Baseball didn’t really think too hard before filing this lawsuit and, instead, just fired off something hasty and ill-conceived. Shocking, I know.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)