Apr 5, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
A press release from Major League Baseball:
Major League Baseball announced today that, based on new information, Defendant Paulo da Silveira, represented by attorneys Daniel Zumpano and Emil Infante of Infante Zumpano LLC, was dismissed with prejudice from the Complaint, filed on March 22, 2013 in the Circuit Court for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, as he had no connection to Biogenesis or to the alleged distribution of performance enhancing substances to Major League players.
It’s almost as if Major League Baseball didn’t really think too hard before filing this lawsuit and, instead, just fired off something hasty and ill-conceived. Shocking, I know.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)