Apr 5, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Not quite Fisticuffsmanship, but not something you’d expect four days into the season either. From the Denver Post:
Edgmer Escalona and Juan Nicasio were separated after an argument quickly escalated during stretching exercises at the Rockies’ workout Thursday at Coors Field. Manager Walt Weiss talked with both pitchers and said he believes the issue is resolved.
It was apparently a physical confrontation, but no one is saying what the beef was that led to the scuffle. Since it was during stretching, logic dictates that Nicasio was bouncing as he worked on his hamstrings and Escalona told him that he needed to slowly and steadily increase how much he was stretching rather than bounce. Friendships can end over that stuff.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8