Apr 5, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Not quite Fisticuffsmanship, but not something you’d expect four days into the season either. From the Denver Post:
Edgmer Escalona and Juan Nicasio were separated after an argument quickly escalated during stretching exercises at the Rockies’ workout Thursday at Coors Field. Manager Walt Weiss talked with both pitchers and said he believes the issue is resolved.
It was apparently a physical confrontation, but no one is saying what the beef was that led to the scuffle. Since it was during stretching, logic dictates that Nicasio was bouncing as he worked on his hamstrings and Escalona told him that he needed to slowly and steadily increase how much he was stretching rather than bounce. Friendships can end over that stuff.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (120)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)