Apr 5, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Not quite Fisticuffsmanship, but not something you’d expect four days into the season either. From the Denver Post:
Edgmer Escalona and Juan Nicasio were separated after an argument quickly escalated during stretching exercises at the Rockies’ workout Thursday at Coors Field. Manager Walt Weiss talked with both pitchers and said he believes the issue is resolved.
It was apparently a physical confrontation, but no one is saying what the beef was that led to the scuffle. Since it was during stretching, logic dictates that Nicasio was bouncing as he worked on his hamstrings and Escalona told him that he needed to slowly and steadily increase how much he was stretching rather than bounce. Friendships can end over that stuff.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)