Apr 5, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Cleared by doctors to play in games following his March 7 concussion, Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew began his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 0-for-3.
Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that Drew played five innings defensively in the first of what’s expected to be a four-game rehab assignment, which puts him on schedule to potentially join the Red Sox for their home opener Monday.
Jose Iglesias has gone 7-for-12 filling in for Drew at shortstop after beginning his career by going 10-for-74, but the Red Sox have made it clear that the job is Drew’s once he’s ready to return.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 23
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 37
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)