Apr 5, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Cleared by doctors to play in games following his March 7 concussion, Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew began his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 0-for-3.
Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that Drew played five innings defensively in the first of what’s expected to be a four-game rehab assignment, which puts him on schedule to potentially join the Red Sox for their home opener Monday.
Jose Iglesias has gone 7-for-12 filling in for Drew at shortstop after beginning his career by going 10-for-74, but the Red Sox have made it clear that the job is Drew’s once he’s ready to return.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)