Apr 5, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
Lost in all of the Opening Week hubbub was the passing of an anniversary. Last weekend marked four years since Bud Selig convened the committee to investigate the Athletics potential move to San Jose. Which, while that may seem like a long time to you is less than half the time it would take a snail to move from Oakland to San Jose. Really: I calculated it a couple of years ago.
Anyway, the latest development in the never-ending saga is that the San Jose mayor — the same one who said two years ago that a snail could’ve made the move by now — wants a meeting with Bud Selig. The details are here.
In other news: this has been going on for four years and the mayor of San Jose has not even met with Bud Selig before? I’m thinking about putting my money on the snail.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)