Apr 5, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
Lost in all of the Opening Week hubbub was the passing of an anniversary. Last weekend marked four years since Bud Selig convened the committee to investigate the Athletics potential move to San Jose. Which, while that may seem like a long time to you is less than half the time it would take a snail to move from Oakland to San Jose. Really: I calculated it a couple of years ago.
Anyway, the latest development in the never-ending saga is that the San Jose mayor — the same one who said two years ago that a snail could’ve made the move by now — wants a meeting with Bud Selig. The details are here.
In other news: this has been going on for four years and the mayor of San Jose has not even met with Bud Selig before? I’m thinking about putting my money on the snail.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)