Apr 5, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
Lost in all of the Opening Week hubbub was the passing of an anniversary. Last weekend marked four years since Bud Selig convened the committee to investigate the Athletics potential move to San Jose. Which, while that may seem like a long time to you is less than half the time it would take a snail to move from Oakland to San Jose. Really: I calculated it a couple of years ago.
Anyway, the latest development in the never-ending saga is that the San Jose mayor — the same one who said two years ago that a snail could’ve made the move by now — wants a meeting with Bud Selig. The details are here.
In other news: this has been going on for four years and the mayor of San Jose has not even met with Bud Selig before? I’m thinking about putting my money on the snail.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)