Apr 5, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
Lost in all of the Opening Week hubbub was the passing of an anniversary. Last weekend marked four years since Bud Selig convened the committee to investigate the Athletics potential move to San Jose. Which, while that may seem like a long time to you is less than half the time it would take a snail to move from Oakland to San Jose. Really: I calculated it a couple of years ago.
Anyway, the latest development in the never-ending saga is that the San Jose mayor — the same one who said two years ago that a snail could’ve made the move by now — wants a meeting with Bud Selig. The details are here.
In other news: this has been going on for four years and the mayor of San Jose has not even met with Bud Selig before? I’m thinking about putting my money on the snail.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)