Apr 5, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
Lost in all of the Opening Week hubbub was the passing of an anniversary. Last weekend marked four years since Bud Selig convened the committee to investigate the Athletics potential move to San Jose. Which, while that may seem like a long time to you is less than half the time it would take a snail to move from Oakland to San Jose. Really: I calculated it a couple of years ago.
Anyway, the latest development in the never-ending saga is that the San Jose mayor — the same one who said two years ago that a snail could’ve made the move by now — wants a meeting with Bud Selig. The details are here.
In other news: this has been going on for four years and the mayor of San Jose has not even met with Bud Selig before? I’m thinking about putting my money on the snail.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)