Apr 5, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Minnesota will call up Pedro Hernandez to start in De Vries’ place Sunday against the Orioles.
De Vries held his own after being thrown into the Twins’ injury wrecked rotation as an emergency option last season and the former undrafted free agent made 16 starts with a 4.11 ERA as a 27-year-old rookie. Hernandez was acquired from the White Sox in the Francisco Liriano trade last season and has posted some good numbers in the minors, but he’s a soft-tossing, strike-throwing left-hander.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 11
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)