Apr 5, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Minnesota will call up Pedro Hernandez to start in De Vries’ place Sunday against the Orioles.
De Vries held his own after being thrown into the Twins’ injury wrecked rotation as an emergency option last season and the former undrafted free agent made 16 starts with a 4.11 ERA as a 27-year-old rookie. Hernandez was acquired from the White Sox in the Francisco Liriano trade last season and has posted some good numbers in the minors, but he’s a soft-tossing, strike-throwing left-hander.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 5
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)