Apr 5, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Minnesota will call up Pedro Hernandez to start in De Vries’ place Sunday against the Orioles.
De Vries held his own after being thrown into the Twins’ injury wrecked rotation as an emergency option last season and the former undrafted free agent made 16 starts with a 4.11 ERA as a 27-year-old rookie. Hernandez was acquired from the White Sox in the Francisco Liriano trade last season and has posted some good numbers in the minors, but he’s a soft-tossing, strike-throwing left-hander.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17