Apr 5, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Minnesota will call up Pedro Hernandez to start in De Vries’ place Sunday against the Orioles.
De Vries held his own after being thrown into the Twins’ injury wrecked rotation as an emergency option last season and the former undrafted free agent made 16 starts with a 4.11 ERA as a 27-year-old rookie. Hernandez was acquired from the White Sox in the Francisco Liriano trade last season and has posted some good numbers in the minors, but he’s a soft-tossing, strike-throwing left-hander.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)