Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Game 6 of the 1977 World Series may be the most famous game of my lifetime. That’s the one in which Reggie Jackson went yard three times on three pitches and helped clinch the championship over the Dodgers. Now, if you have the means, you can own the shirt Jackson had on his back that night:
The iconic jersey will be sold as part of an online auction at the California-based SCP Auctions, running from April 10-26, with the proceeds going towards “donations” to Jackson’s family and his charity, the Mr. October Foundation for Kids.
“Give someone $100,000 and it changes lives,” Jackson said on Bloomberg Radio’s “On the Economy” on Thursday.
I guess that includes “Jackson’s family,” but it’s his jersey and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
No word if Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa and Charlie Hough are gonna go in together on it so they can burn it.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 26
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)