Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
Game 6 of the 1977 World Series may be the most famous game of my lifetime. That’s the one in which Reggie Jackson went yard three times on three pitches and helped clinch the championship over the Dodgers. Now, if you have the means, you can own the shirt Jackson had on his back that night:
The iconic jersey will be sold as part of an online auction at the California-based SCP Auctions, running from April 10-26, with the proceeds going towards “donations” to Jackson’s family and his charity, the Mr. October Foundation for Kids.
“Give someone $100,000 and it changes lives,” Jackson said on Bloomberg Radio’s “On the Economy” on Thursday.
I guess that includes “Jackson’s family,” but it’s his jersey and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
No word if Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa and Charlie Hough are gonna go in together on it so they can burn it.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)