Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Game 6 of the 1977 World Series may be the most famous game of my lifetime. That’s the one in which Reggie Jackson went yard three times on three pitches and helped clinch the championship over the Dodgers. Now, if you have the means, you can own the shirt Jackson had on his back that night:
The iconic jersey will be sold as part of an online auction at the California-based SCP Auctions, running from April 10-26, with the proceeds going towards “donations” to Jackson’s family and his charity, the Mr. October Foundation for Kids.
“Give someone $100,000 and it changes lives,” Jackson said on Bloomberg Radio’s “On the Economy” on Thursday.
I guess that includes “Jackson’s family,” but it’s his jersey and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
No word if Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa and Charlie Hough are gonna go in together on it so they can burn it.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)