Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Game 6 of the 1977 World Series may be the most famous game of my lifetime. That’s the one in which Reggie Jackson went yard three times on three pitches and helped clinch the championship over the Dodgers. Now, if you have the means, you can own the shirt Jackson had on his back that night:
The iconic jersey will be sold as part of an online auction at the California-based SCP Auctions, running from April 10-26, with the proceeds going towards “donations” to Jackson’s family and his charity, the Mr. October Foundation for Kids.
“Give someone $100,000 and it changes lives,” Jackson said on Bloomberg Radio’s “On the Economy” on Thursday.
I guess that includes “Jackson’s family,” but it’s his jersey and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
No word if Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa and Charlie Hough are gonna go in together on it so they can burn it.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)