Apr 5, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Game 6 of the 1977 World Series may be the most famous game of my lifetime. That’s the one in which Reggie Jackson went yard three times on three pitches and helped clinch the championship over the Dodgers. Now, if you have the means, you can own the shirt Jackson had on his back that night:
The iconic jersey will be sold as part of an online auction at the California-based SCP Auctions, running from April 10-26, with the proceeds going towards “donations” to Jackson’s family and his charity, the Mr. October Foundation for Kids.
“Give someone $100,000 and it changes lives,” Jackson said on Bloomberg Radio’s “On the Economy” on Thursday.
I guess that includes “Jackson’s family,” but it’s his jersey and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
No word if Burt Hooton, Elias Sosa and Charlie Hough are gonna go in together on it so they can burn it.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 6
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)