Apr 6, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Veteran utilityman Bill Hall announced on his personal Twitter feed this evening that he has re-signed with the Angels. He was released by them in late March after struggling to stay healthy in camp.
Hall appeared in only seven major league games last season, going 2-for-9 for the Orioles. He spent the majority of the year at Triple-A Norfolk, where he batted .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall will report to extended spring training and then Triple-A Salt Lake, where he will function as organizational depth.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 31
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)