Apr 6, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Veteran utilityman Bill Hall announced on his personal Twitter feed this evening that he has re-signed with the Angels. He was released by them in late March after struggling to stay healthy in camp.
Hall appeared in only seven major league games last season, going 2-for-9 for the Orioles. He spent the majority of the year at Triple-A Norfolk, where he batted .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall will report to extended spring training and then Triple-A Salt Lake, where he will function as organizational depth.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)