Apr 6, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Veteran utilityman Bill Hall announced on his personal Twitter feed this evening that he has re-signed with the Angels. He was released by them in late March after struggling to stay healthy in camp.
Hall appeared in only seven major league games last season, going 2-for-9 for the Orioles. He spent the majority of the year at Triple-A Norfolk, where he batted .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall will report to extended spring training and then Triple-A Salt Lake, where he will function as organizational depth.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)