Apr 6, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com, David Freese began a minor league rehab assignment last night with Triple-A Memphis and went 1-for-4 with a two-run double. He also played seven innings at third base.
Freese opened the season on the disabled list with a lower back injury suffered during spring training. He was originally scheduled to begin his rehab stint on Thursday, but the game was postponed due to rain. While the Cardinals were hoping to activate him for their home opener on Monday, it’s not clear if he’ll be ready by then. Either way, he’s getting close.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)