Apr 6, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com, David Freese began a minor league rehab assignment last night with Triple-A Memphis and went 1-for-4 with a two-run double. He also played seven innings at third base.
Freese opened the season on the disabled list with a lower back injury suffered during spring training. He was originally scheduled to begin his rehab stint on Thursday, but the game was postponed due to rain. While the Cardinals were hoping to activate him for their home opener on Monday, it’s not clear if he’ll be ready by then. Either way, he’s getting close.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)