Apr 6, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that the Angels requested that security be present for his wife and four daughters. There was no specific incident, but Hamilton said it was “people being dumbasses” and “just guys being ugly, inappropriate to my wife.”
If fans want to boo Hamilton this weekend or every time he comes back to Texas, they have every right to do so. It’s part of the deal. And it’s completely expected for someone who signed with a division rival and has said some interesting stuff since leaving. But family always should be exempt from whatever anger is being directed at a baseball player. You can always count on a few knuckleheads to make everyone else look bad, but hopefully yesterday was as ugly as this stuff will get.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that Hamilton’s family will be a in s a suite for the next two days. There were none available yesterday.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)