Apr 6, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that the Angels requested that security be present for his wife and four daughters. There was no specific incident, but Hamilton said it was “people being dumbasses” and “just guys being ugly, inappropriate to my wife.”
If fans want to boo Hamilton this weekend or every time he comes back to Texas, they have every right to do so. It’s part of the deal. And it’s completely expected for someone who signed with a division rival and has said some interesting stuff since leaving. But family always should be exempt from whatever anger is being directed at a baseball player. You can always count on a few knuckleheads to make everyone else look bad, but hopefully yesterday was as ugly as this stuff will get.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that Hamilton’s family will be a in s a suite for the next two days. There were none available yesterday.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)