Apr 6, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that the Angels requested that security be present for his wife and four daughters. There was no specific incident, but Hamilton said it was “people being dumbasses” and “just guys being ugly, inappropriate to my wife.”
If fans want to boo Hamilton this weekend or every time he comes back to Texas, they have every right to do so. It’s part of the deal. And it’s completely expected for someone who signed with a division rival and has said some interesting stuff since leaving. But family always should be exempt from whatever anger is being directed at a baseball player. You can always count on a few knuckleheads to make everyone else look bad, but hopefully yesterday was as ugly as this stuff will get.
UPDATE: Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that Hamilton’s family will be a in s a suite for the next two days. There were none available yesterday.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)