Apr 6, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
The Astros acquired left-hander Travis Blackley from the Athletics on Thursday in exchange for minor league outfielder Jake Goebbert, but he hurt his shoulder before he could appear in a game with his new club and will head to the disabled list as a result.
According to Zach Meisel of MLB.com, Blackley strained his shoulder during a bullpen session yesterday. It’s not known how long he’ll be sidelined, but the Astros were planning to use him as a long reliever.
The Astros have recalled left-hander Dallas Keuchel to replace Blackley on the active roster. The 25-year-old posted a 5.26 ERA and 38/39 K/BB ratio over 85 1/3 innings in 16 starts with the club last season.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 1
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 58
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)