Apr 6, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
The Astros acquired left-hander Travis Blackley from the Athletics on Thursday in exchange for minor league outfielder Jake Goebbert, but he hurt his shoulder before he could appear in a game with his new club and will head to the disabled list as a result.
According to Zach Meisel of MLB.com, Blackley strained his shoulder during a bullpen session yesterday. It’s not known how long he’ll be sidelined, but the Astros were planning to use him as a long reliever.
The Astros have recalled left-hander Dallas Keuchel to replace Blackley on the active roster. The 25-year-old posted a 5.26 ERA and 38/39 K/BB ratio over 85 1/3 innings in 16 starts with the club last season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (120)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)