Apr 7, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
As expected, the Indians have optioned right-hander Trevor Bauer back to Triple-A Columbus following his spot start on Saturday night vs. the Rays. Carlos Carrasco has been reinstated from suspension and will join the Indians’ rotation early this week.
Bauer allowed three earned runs on two hits and seven walks Saturday in five innings at Tampa Bay. It was his fifth major league start. Cleveland lost 6-0.
Bauer was acquired from the Diamondbacks this offseason as part of a three-team, nine-player trade. The 22-year-old posted a 2.42 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 157/61 K/BB ratio in 130 1/3 innings last summer between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
Baseball America considers Bauer the 14th-best prospect in the game.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)