Apr 7, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have optioned right-hander Trevor Bauer back to Triple-A Columbus following his spot start on Saturday night vs. the Rays. Carlos Carrasco has been reinstated from suspension and will join the Indians’ rotation early this week.
Bauer allowed three earned runs on two hits and seven walks Saturday in five innings at Tampa Bay. It was his fifth major league start. Cleveland lost 6-0.
Bauer was acquired from the Diamondbacks this offseason as part of a three-team, nine-player trade. The 22-year-old posted a 2.42 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 157/61 K/BB ratio in 130 1/3 innings last summer between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
Baseball America considers Bauer the 14th-best prospect in the game.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)