Apr 7, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
As expected, the Indians have optioned right-hander Trevor Bauer back to Triple-A Columbus following his spot start on Saturday night vs. the Rays. Carlos Carrasco has been reinstated from suspension and will join the Indians’ rotation early this week.
Bauer allowed three earned runs on two hits and seven walks Saturday in five innings at Tampa Bay. It was his fifth major league start. Cleveland lost 6-0.
Bauer was acquired from the Diamondbacks this offseason as part of a three-team, nine-player trade. The 22-year-old posted a 2.42 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 157/61 K/BB ratio in 130 1/3 innings last summer between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
Baseball America considers Bauer the 14th-best prospect in the game.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)