Apr 7, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
As expected, the Indians have optioned right-hander Trevor Bauer back to Triple-A Columbus following his spot start on Saturday night vs. the Rays. Carlos Carrasco has been reinstated from suspension and will join the Indians’ rotation early this week.
Bauer allowed three earned runs on two hits and seven walks Saturday in five innings at Tampa Bay. It was his fifth major league start. Cleveland lost 6-0.
Bauer was acquired from the Diamondbacks this offseason as part of a three-team, nine-player trade. The 22-year-old posted a 2.42 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 157/61 K/BB ratio in 130 1/3 innings last summer between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
Baseball America considers Bauer the 14th-best prospect in the game.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)