Apr 7, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
The Angels are calling the injury a strained left elbow. X-rays were negative. They won’t know about his availability for his next start for a couple of days yet.
Weaver immediately exited with the injury, but it’s possible he would have been done anyway after giving up his seventh hit of the evening. Weaver allowed four runs through five innings before Moreland led off the sixth with the single. The injury came on his 95th pitch.
Struggling to exceed 85-86 mph with his fastball, Weaver gave up homers to Lance Berkman and David Murphy consecutively in the first inning tonight. He allowed just one run between the second and fifth innings, but he certainly wasn’t overwhelming anyone. He finished the night with four walks and just two strikeouts.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)