Apr 7, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
The Angels are calling the injury a strained left elbow. X-rays were negative. They won’t know about his availability for his next start for a couple of days yet.
Weaver immediately exited with the injury, but it’s possible he would have been done anyway after giving up his seventh hit of the evening. Weaver allowed four runs through five innings before Moreland led off the sixth with the single. The injury came on his 95th pitch.
Struggling to exceed 85-86 mph with his fastball, Weaver gave up homers to Lance Berkman and David Murphy consecutively in the first inning tonight. He allowed just one run between the second and fifth innings, but he certainly wasn’t overwhelming anyone. He finished the night with four walks and just two strikeouts.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8