Apr 7, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
The Angels are calling the injury a strained left elbow. X-rays were negative. They won’t know about his availability for his next start for a couple of days yet.
Weaver immediately exited with the injury, but it’s possible he would have been done anyway after giving up his seventh hit of the evening. Weaver allowed four runs through five innings before Moreland led off the sixth with the single. The injury came on his 95th pitch.
Struggling to exceed 85-86 mph with his fastball, Weaver gave up homers to Lance Berkman and David Murphy consecutively in the first inning tonight. He allowed just one run between the second and fifth innings, but he certainly wasn’t overwhelming anyone. He finished the night with four walks and just two strikeouts.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)