Apr 7, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
The Angels are calling the injury a strained left elbow. X-rays were negative. They won’t know about his availability for his next start for a couple of days yet.
Weaver immediately exited with the injury, but it’s possible he would have been done anyway after giving up his seventh hit of the evening. Weaver allowed four runs through five innings before Moreland led off the sixth with the single. The injury came on his 95th pitch.
Struggling to exceed 85-86 mph with his fastball, Weaver gave up homers to Lance Berkman and David Murphy consecutively in the first inning tonight. He allowed just one run between the second and fifth innings, but he certainly wasn’t overwhelming anyone. He finished the night with four walks and just two strikeouts.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)