Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
MLB.com Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki provides the numbers:
Phillies attendance tonight is 39,475. First time they’ve had less than 40,000 since April 29, 2009, when they had 36,351 vs. WSH.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 7, 2013
39,475 is still a fine total and one that most organizations would be ecstatic about, but this was on a Saturday night and it was only the Phillies’ second home game. So it’s easy to imagine the situation worsening.
The Phillies will carry a 2-3 record into Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 13
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)