Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
MLB.com Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki provides the numbers:
Phillies attendance tonight is 39,475. First time they’ve had less than 40,000 since April 29, 2009, when they had 36,351 vs. WSH.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 7, 2013
39,475 is still a fine total and one that most organizations would be ecstatic about, but this was on a Saturday night and it was only the Phillies’ second home game. So it’s easy to imagine the situation worsening.
The Phillies will carry a 2-3 record into Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)