Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
MLB.com Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki provides the numbers:
Phillies attendance tonight is 39,475. First time they’ve had less than 40,000 since April 29, 2009, when they had 36,351 vs. WSH.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 7, 2013
39,475 is still a fine total and one that most organizations would be ecstatic about, but this was on a Saturday night and it was only the Phillies’ second home game. So it’s easy to imagine the situation worsening.
The Phillies will carry a 2-3 record into Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 59
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)