Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
MLB.com Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki provides the numbers:
Phillies attendance tonight is 39,475. First time they’ve had less than 40,000 since April 29, 2009, when they had 36,351 vs. WSH.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 7, 2013
39,475 is still a fine total and one that most organizations would be ecstatic about, but this was on a Saturday night and it was only the Phillies’ second home game. So it’s easy to imagine the situation worsening.
The Phillies will carry a 2-3 record into Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)