Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
MLB.com Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki provides the numbers:
Phillies attendance tonight is 39,475. First time they’ve had less than 40,000 since April 29, 2009, when they had 36,351 vs. WSH.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) April 7, 2013
39,475 is still a fine total and one that most organizations would be ecstatic about, but this was on a Saturday night and it was only the Phillies’ second home game. So it’s easy to imagine the situation worsening.
The Phillies will carry a 2-3 record into Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)