Apr 7, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
According to beat writer Sean McAdam of CSN New England, Drew was unable to play in a scheduled rehab game Saturday at Double-A Portland because of freezing temperatures. The plan calls four Drew to play four total rehab games, so he will remain at the Double-A level for an extra day and then join up with the Red Sox on Wednesday for the second game of their three-game set against the visiting Orioles.
Drew was signed this winter to a one-year, $9.5 million free agent contract. He suffered a concussion in early March when he was struck in the batting helmet with a pitch during a Grapefruit League game.
Jose Iglesias has been filling in at shortstop and is currently 9-for-17 (.529) at the plate.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)