Apr 7, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
The move was made retroactive to March 31, so De Vries will be eligible for activation early next week.
De Vries was supposed to start Sunday’s series-finale against the Orioles, but he hasn’t recovered from an arm injury that he suffered late this spring. Pedro Hernandez, who was recalled from Triple-A Rochester in a corresponding move, will take the bump in his place Sunday versus Baltimore.
De Vries, 28, registered a 4.11 ERA and 58/11 K/BB ratio across 87 2/3 innings last season.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)