Apr 7, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
The move was made retroactive to March 31, so De Vries will be eligible for activation early next week.
De Vries was supposed to start Sunday’s series-finale against the Orioles, but he hasn’t recovered from an arm injury that he suffered late this spring. Pedro Hernandez, who was recalled from Triple-A Rochester in a corresponding move, will take the bump in his place Sunday versus Baltimore.
De Vries, 28, registered a 4.11 ERA and 58/11 K/BB ratio across 87 2/3 innings last season.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)