Apr 7, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
The move was made retroactive to March 31, so De Vries will be eligible for activation early next week.
De Vries was supposed to start Sunday’s series-finale against the Orioles, but he hasn’t recovered from an arm injury that he suffered late this spring. Pedro Hernandez, who was recalled from Triple-A Rochester in a corresponding move, will take the bump in his place Sunday versus Baltimore.
De Vries, 28, registered a 4.11 ERA and 58/11 K/BB ratio across 87 2/3 innings last season.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)