Apr 7, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
The move was made retroactive to March 31, so De Vries will be eligible for activation early next week.
De Vries was supposed to start Sunday’s series-finale against the Orioles, but he hasn’t recovered from an arm injury that he suffered late this spring. Pedro Hernandez, who was recalled from Triple-A Rochester in a corresponding move, will take the bump in his place Sunday versus Baltimore.
De Vries, 28, registered a 4.11 ERA and 58/11 K/BB ratio across 87 2/3 innings last season.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)