“Bud Selig Must Die”

Apr 8, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT

MLB Commissioner Bud Selig speaks during a news conference in New York

Because I possess sense and taste I watched “Napoleon Dynamite” for the 145th time on Saturday. Then I went to tis IMDB page because I was curious about one of the actors in it. One click led to another and I found a page for a short film with this as its plot:

In the future federal chrono-regulations prohibits anyone from traveling back in time in an attempt to alter the present, but one man has a plan so crazy it might just work; Keep George W. Bush from becoming president by helping him become commissioner of baseball. All he has to do to carry out his plan is convince two clerks at ChronoCopy that Bud Selig Must Die.

Starring Jon Heder and Tony Hale of all people.

And then I Googled it and found the actual thing. Which is a “Funny or Die” short. Who knew they got their own IMDB pages? Who cares, though. Tell me you didn’t think this at least once over the past decade.

Bud Selig Must Die from Tony Hale
  1. unclemosesgreen - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Mother-Boy!

2. chill1184 - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

As much as I hate Lord Selig for keeping Wilpon on a lifeline I do not wish for the evil one to die. I would prefer to put Selig in a cage in which he cannot escape from.

• number42is1 - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Caskets and Urns are FORMS of cages….

3. chacochicken - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

The premise alone is comic genius.

4. jdrew506 - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Does it matter really? If Bush was commissioner of baseball, he would have found a way to start a war with Japanese and Caribbean baseball leagues and left the MLB in a massive debt that we would have to sell our children to get out of.

5. hushbrother - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Loves Napoleon Dynamite, hates Rush, and claims to have sense and taste. Ok …

• deathmonkey41 - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, I would have to agree with Yankee-hatin’ Craig on that one.

• southofheaven81 - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Seriously, you couldn’t have just lied & said you were looking up Arrested Development actors, saved yourself a little dignity?

• unclemosesgreen - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

He’s just putting up barriers to keep himself intact.

6. jm91rs - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Political leanings aside (I tend to favor the idiot Bush over our current king), that’s a funny video. Good Stuff

7. dirtyharry1971 - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Selig is a jerk who is killing the sport

8. Francisco (FC) - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I like that pic. It gives a Selig an air of: “Dear Lord, what have I done now?”

• cur68 - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Really? You see a conscious? A sense of guilt? Man. That’s charitable.

I just see a man thinking “Those meddling kids! They ruined EVERYTHING! Next time, no mercy!”

• Francisco (FC) - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

No no, you need a clenched fist to match that type of caption. Remember Dr. Claw.

• cur68 - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Not Selig. He’d never clench a fist or anything like that. His plans are always long range. After all, he’s undead.

I see that pic and there’s this think-bubble: “Ok, Bud. Time to Re-Load. Those kids won. This time. I’ll get them. I’ll get them, good. Now, think…”
        Which is hard for him. He’s using an un-dead brain. Those are mostly good for your basic lurching and that.

He wishes he were Dr. Claw. Craig’s more your Dr. Claw type.

9. DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

So the punchline of the movie is that Bud Selig dies.

I guess I am missing the joke

10. albertmn - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I watched Napoleon Dynamite once, and really wished I had that time back. I thought it was a train wreck and did not live up to the hype.

11. nygiantstones - Apr 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Jesus, that was a die and not a funny.

12. Old Gator - Apr 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The title of this blog is unacceptable by the standards of civilized discourse.

(giggle)

13. kiwannabee - Apr 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM

George W. Bush is an American hero. History will remember him with more respect and reverence than contemporary liberals will ever admit.

I miss GWB, especially given the state of the White House now.

Three legends off to Cooperstown